Submission Deadline: 28h June 2017
British HCI’s Maker Day explores the theme of ‘Digital Make Believe’ through collaborative and interdisciplinary projects in the University of Sunderland’s Sunderland Fab Lab. Maker Day projects will be presented in a pop-up exhibition at the British HCI conference, along with a Hackumentary and feature article in the conference proceedings.
To apply to participate in British HCI’s Maker Day, submit via EasyChair. As part of your submission, please send a brief pdf. Just let us know who you are and what you do so that we can help create teams. You should try to include the following:
- Maximum 1 page CV or brief bio
- at most 300 words expression of interest that includes the following:
- Who are you and what do you do?
- Why are interested in taking part?
- What kind of outcome are you expecting from the Maker Day?
- What are your strengths and what skills can you contribute to a collaborative team?
- A link to your own work (this could be an artwork, object or project depending on your interests – it just needs to show us the scope of your skills and imagination)
All submissions will be peer reviewed by an international programme committee. The decision on acceptance or rejection of a proposal will be made on the basis of the overall quality of the proposal and its appeal to a reasonable fraction of the HCI community.
- Submission Deadline: Extended to: June 28th 2017
Interactions Gallery & Maker Chair
Suzy O’Hara, University of Sunderland, UK